Were You A Victim Of Orthopedic Negligence?
Orthopedics is a highly specialized field of medicine dealing with the musculoskeletal system, including bones, tendons, ligaments, muscles and the like. Practitioners in this field must go through years of training and education. Some further specialize in areas such as sports injuries or spinal injuries. If they perform surgeries, they must master the technical skills necessary to complete difficult and delicate procedures.
Despite their advanced training, orthopedic doctors and surgeons still make mistakes. Common types of orthopedic negligence include:
- Surgical errors: Surgeries such as hip replacement, knee replacement, carpal tunnel repair and spinal fusion can go very wrong if the surgeon is negligent in any way. Mistakes during surgery can lead to nerve damage, loss of mobility, paralysis, chronic pain and permanent disability.
- Misdiagnosis: A correct diagnosis is the cornerstone of effective treatment. Unfortunately, doctors in the orthopedic field sometimes get it wrong, overlooking fractures or other significant problems. Misdiagnosis (or failure to diagnose) can result in delays that make these conditions far more difficult to treat.
- Failure to monitor: Like other doctors, orthopedic practitioners must monitor patients for any changes in their condition, especially after surgery. They must properly manage risks such as bleeding, blood clots (thromboembolism) and muscle death (compartment syndrome).
Get Help From A Law Firm With A Strong Medical Background
At the Boston-area law firm of Barry D. Lang, M.D. & Associates, we stand up for victims of orthopedic negligence. Our firm is unique in several ways:
- We have doctors and nurses on staff, giving us the ability to quickly and carefully evaluate your situation.
- We have close ties to orthopedic specialists, which means we can draw on their expertise to build a rock-solid case for you.
- Our founding attorney, the late Dr. Barry Lang, M.D., was an accomplished orthopedic surgeon.
These advantages have given us a strong track record of success over the years. You can count on us for that same degree of diligence and preparation in your case.