The Devastating Toll Of Anesthesiology Errors
Anesthetics are potent drugs that can leave patients teetering on the brink between life and death. As a result, there is little room for error. Anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists undergo rigorous training to practice in this high-stakes field. They’re rightly held to high standards.
When an anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist makes a mistake, it’s the patient who suffers. And the consequences can be life-altering. For example:
- Spinal anesthesia may cause paralysis if given negligently.
- Patients with certain medical histories are at greater risk of suffering dangerous reactions to anesthesia.
- General anesthesia may cause injury from a variety of causes, such as overdose and lack of oxygen.
- Anesthetics given during labor and delivery may harm the mother, baby or both, especially if improperly administered.
- Failure to monitor a patient while anesthesia is in effect can result in oxygen deprivation, brain damage, nerve damage, cardiac arrest, and other injuries or death.
Most people don’t know what to expect from anesthetics and don’t know that their problem may be related to anesthesia. It takes trained professionals to discover why a patient reacted a certain way to anesthesia.
On The Side Of Justice
At the Massachusetts law firm of Barry D. Lang, M.D. & Associates, we’re committed to holding medical professionals responsible for their errors. We can help you get answers about whether anesthesia-related negligence contributed to the harm you have suffered.
Our team includes not only experienced attorneys, but also doctors and nurses. We understand the complex medical and legal issues that overlap in these cases. You can count on us to take swift and thorough steps in conducting an evaluation of your situation and understanding what happened. Then, we will guide you in taking appropriate legal action to seek compensation for the losses you have endured.
Learn more by calling our Boston-area office at 1-877-LAW-DOCS.